dimanche 9 juin 2013

Week 1 - check

It's already been a week now, and it seems so much has happened already!

I found a place to live with someone who might actually comes from the same village as my Dad in France, had working sessions with at least 10 Oxfam staff (from Senegal, Mali, Cameroun, Nigeria, Ghana, Holland... Overwhelming!), met with several leaders of civil society organizations of Senegal...
And also had my first thiebou diene and yassa chicken, my first visit to the Ngor island, and went to see my first mbalax concert!

Meet Fatima and Katie, the 2 colleagues I work more closely with:





Fatima is originally from Mali, but spent a long time in Canada. After some time in investment banking, she felt she wanted to contribute to social justice for her continent, and came back to Africa to work at Oxfam. She is based in Dakar and is the running the R4 program in Senegal.
Katie is a recent MPP graduate from the Kennedy School! And she also actually worked for WAPPP.
She is Policy Adviser for R4, based in Boston, but traveling regularly to Senegal. She is the one who put together my ToR and organized everything for my arrival here, and it has been great!
Really thanks again Katie!!


Looking forward to week n°2!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire